WHRO is looking for Algebra II teachers to create content for a new online course. This paid independent contractor position is estimated to conclude in October 2024.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in an Algebra II classroom and/or curriculum supervisory experience of Algebra II teachers. An applicant must hold a current Virginia teaching license endorsed to teach Mathematics at the secondary level.
Required Qualifications: A qualified candidate must demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of content and associated standards/guidelines (e.g., 2023 Mathematics VA Standards of Learning for Algebra II) of the course being developed;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, clearly, and concisely;
- Previous experience with developing learning objectives and instructional activities that support a variety of learning styles;
- Experience designing and implementing project-based learning;
- The ability to provide content and assessment items that are rigorous and correlate to middle and higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy;
- Experience with curriculum design principles and practices;
- Exemplary time management, communications, interpersonal, verbal, listening, problem-solving, decision-making, organizational, and troubleshooting skills; and
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Please note that chosen candidates must attend multiple virtual training sessions before developing the online content.
- Prior experience with online learning and online curriculum development
- Online teaching experience and or online teaching facilitator training
- Knowledge of local, state, or national Mathematics organizations
- Attendance at a Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning Institute (if applicable) or other curriculum or Mathematics conferences
Primary Responsibilities: The content developer will:
- Adhere to the project timeline (content training and development will take place between November 2023 and October 2024);
- Create original content to meet or exceed the Virginia Standards of Learning and other national standards;
- Develop original instructional activities, developmental activities, assignments, and assessments;
- Create supporting documentation, including all supplementary materials (i.e., course overview, introduction and goals, curriculum map, assignment checklist, rubrics, quick reference materials, etc.);
- Revise published content as directed by the Curriculum Manager based on information from the Content Area Review Team; and
- Communicate any challenges, need for help, etc., to the Curriculum Manager.
WHRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WHRO does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state of federal law.