WHRO is looking for English 10 teachers to create content for a new online course. This paid independent contractor position is estimated to conclude in December 2023.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in an English 10 classroom and/or curriculum supervisory experience of English 10 teachers. An applicant must hold a current Virginia teaching license endorsed to teach English at the secondary level.
Required Qualifications: A qualified candidate must demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of content and associated standards/guidelines of the course being developed;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, clearly, and concisely;
- Previous experience with developing learning objectives and instructional activities that support a variety of learning styles;
- A thorough understanding of the 5 C’s in the Profile of a Virginia Graduate (critical thinking, creative thinking, collaboration, communication, and citizenship);
- Experience designing and implementing project-based learning;
- The ability to provide content and assessment items that are rigorous and correlate to middle and higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy;
- Experience with curriculum design principles and practices;
- Exemplary time management, communications, interpersonal, verbal, listening, problem-solving, decision-making, organizational, and troubleshooting skills; and
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Please note that chosen candidates must attend multiple virtual training sessions before developing the online content.
- Prior experience with online learning and online curriculum development
- Online teaching experience and or online teaching facilitator training
- Knowledge of local, state, or national English organizations
- Attendance at a Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning Institute (if applicable) or other curriculum or English conferences
Primary Responsibilities: The content developer will:
- Adhere to the project timeline (content training and development will take place between February 2023 and December 2023);
- Create original content to meet or exceed the Virginia Standards of Learning and other national standards;
- Develop original instructional activities, developmental activities, assignments, and assessments;
- Create supporting documentation, including all supplementary materials (i.e., course overview, introduction and goals, curriculum map, assignment checklist, rubrics, quick reference materials, etc.);
- Revise published content as directed by the Curriculum Manager based on information from the Content Area Review Team;
- and Communicate any challenges, need for help, etc., to the Curriculum Manager.
If you are interested in applying to be an English 10 content development contractor, please access the online application.
WHRO Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WHRO does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state of federal law.