Environmental Science Video Hosts
Description: WHRO is creating a video-based environmental science online course and is looking for some individuals to serve as instructors and hosts of the series. Ideally, two individuals will work on this project as a team and will be responsible for designing content and lesson plans in collaboration with the Digital Learning and Production Department staff. Additionally, this team will create and host video-based instruction from a variety of locations including the WHRO studio and at other locations and partner organizations. The contracted hosts for this project will need to be available weekdays.
A qualified candidate must demonstrate the following:
· Experience teaching Environmental Science to secondary students in traditional and non-traditional environments;
· Thorough knowledge of content and associated course guidelines for Environmental Science as outlined by the VDOE (https://www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/science/vdoe-science-content-guidelines-environmental.docx);
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, clearly, and concisely on and off camera;
· Experience with curriculum design principles and practices;
· Exemplary time management, communication, interpersonal, verbal, listening, problem-solving, decision-making, organizational, and troubleshooting skills;
· The ability to work in a collaborative environment; and
· The ability to use a word processor.
· Experience creating videos for instruction; and
· Experience writing dynamic, engaging, inquiry-based, lesson plans and learning opportunities for secondary students.
Each applicant needs to create a one-minute video articulating why you would be a good environmental science host. Review of applicants will begin immediately. If you are interested in joining the Environmental Science Hosts Team, please submit an application at: https://whro.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4JjYKt1BHuo1dB4
WHRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WHRO does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.