eMediaVA REGIONAL TRAINERS
Regional trainers are needed to conduct workshops ranging from 1-5 hours for teachers in the use of eMediaVA. Individuals will be hired as independent contractors. Pay will be based on the length (hourly rate) of each training session. There will be no additional stipend for travel or related costs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years teaching experience. An applicant must hold a current Virginia teaching license or have held a valid Virginia teaching license in the past five years.
Required Qualifications: A qualified candidate must:
- Exhibit outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, clearly, and concisely;
- Have reliable transportation;
- Have a schedule flexible enough to allow for training at regional school divisions’ requests;
- Possess exemplary time management, communications, interpersonal, verbal, listening, problem solving, decision-making, organizational, and troubleshooting skills;
- Exhibit the ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrate skill in the use of email, word processing, and presentation (PowerPoint) software;
- Own a computer with reliable Internet access and email.
Please note that chosen candidates must attend training at a designated regional location prior to serving as trainers. Training dates and locations TBD.
- Be a past or current user of eMediaVA
- Prior experience with professional development;
- Experience using online collaboration software (Skype, Google Hangouts, Blackboard Collaborate, etc.)
Primary Responsibilities: The eMediaVA trainer will:
- Adhere to training schedules and timelines;
- Arrive for scheduled training on time and fully prepared;
- Conduct training according to the prescribed eMediaVA trainer guidelines;
- Attend required meetings or training sessions conducted for trainers (online and face to face);
- Keep detailed records of attendees as prescribed by the Director of eMediaVA
- Communicate in a timely manner regarding training requests and schedule details; and
- Communicate any challenges, need for help, etc. to the Director of eMediaVA.
WHRO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
GRANTS AND INITIATIVE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Under the supervision of the Director of Community Engagement, this position is responsible for developing and implementing revenue and mission related business development funding strategies to secure support for ongoing and new station initiatives.
- Building strong relationships among diverse funding stakeholders, including state, federal and national sources.
- Researching and identifying prospective fundraising opportunities with foundations, corporations, and government granting entities.
- Building and fostering relationships with other local nonprofit and public media station development staff.
- Managing and securing valuable funding in support of organization’s priorities.
- Identifying unique funding opportunities to support developing new mission related programs.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of all aspects of grants processing and management.
- Collaborating with staff to develop new station initiatives.
- Supporting WHRO’s long-range planning, strategy implementation efforts with knowledge of current funding trends and strategies.
- Working cross functionally with other departments and seeks to foster productive relationships.
- An undergraduate degree and three to five years experience in designing, coordinating, and executing grant management. Demonstrates a history of cultivating and securing funding for initiatives ranging in scope and size.
- Outstanding verbal and communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; planning; analytical and evaluation abilities.
- Facility with computers, database software, and Microsoft Office.
- Successful grants management.
- Highly effective time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects timely with appropriate follow through.
- Flexible; comfortable working with people from all backgrounds; team player; sense of humor; friendly; outgoing personality; accessible; high level of excellence and accuracy.
- Able to consult effectively with others; passion and vision in regard to creating a stronger and sustainable community.
- Knowledge of civic engagement issues; a high degree of confidentiality; strong project and time management skills.
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
We are looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and network users. The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and drive website traffic and online revenue by strategically developing all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Generate, edit and publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company’s pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Identify emerging technologies, social media industry specific news and trends and implement strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate with other departments (online media, content, development, education) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Demonstrated experience in social media management on strategic and tactical level.
- Experience with paid social media campaign management.
- Excellent consulting, writing and editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Self starter who is able to work efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of and experience with SEO and SEM.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English
- BA in Communications, Marketing, Business New Media or Public Relations preferred
Reports to: Marketing Manager
ONLINE COURSE CONTENT DEVELOPER
Online content developers are needed for Health and PE 9, and Health and PE 10 course revisions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 - 5 years teaching experience in a specific secondary content area (i.e. Mathematics) and/or curriculum supervisory experience in a specific subject area. An applicant must hold a current Virginia teaching license endorsed in Health and Physical Education.
Required Qualifications: A qualified candidate must demonstrate:
- A thorough knowledge of content and associated standards of course being developed;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, clearly, and concisely;
- Previous experience with developing learning objectives and instructional activities that support a variety of learning styles;
- The ability to provide content and assessment items that are rigorous and correlate to middle and higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy;
- Experience with curriculum design principles and practices;
- Exemplary time management, communications, inter-personal, verbal, listening, problem solving, decision-making, organizational, and troubleshooting skills;
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment; and
- The ability to use a word processor.
Please note that chosen candidates must attend training at WHRO’s Norfolk or Williamsburg location before developing online content. Training dates TBD.
- Prior experience with online learning and online course development
- Online teaching experience and or online teaching facilitator training
- Attendance at a Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning Institute (if applicable)
Primary Responsibilities: The online course content developer will:
- Adhere to the project timeline;
- Create original content to meet or exceed the Virginia Standards of Learning and other national standards;
- Develop original instructional activities, developmental activities, assignments, and assessments;
- Create supporting documentation including all supplementary materials (e.g. course description, introduction and goals, course outline, course syllabus, assignment checklist, presentations, videos, rubrics, instructor’s guide, quick reference materials, etc.);
- Revise published content as directed by Project Manager based on information from the Content Area Review Team; and
- Communicate any challenges, need for help, etc. to the Project Manager/Instructional Designer.
WHRO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants interested in applying for any position at WHRO must submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and required sample materials, etc. to:
Attn: Sherby Wilks, Human Resources Officer
5200 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23508
WHRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer