DONOR RELATIONS & STEWARDSHIP COORDINATOR
This position is primarily responsible for the coordination of all individual donor services; including donor mailings, data entry and customer service. Maintain donor records and responsible for database upkeep. Preferred database and customer service experience; mail merge experience is a plus.
- Manages all correspondences with individual donors; including renewal solicitations, acknowledgements, pledge reminders, newsletters and solicitations
- Manages premium ordering and fulfillment
- Answer audience and member service calls
- Assist in database management
- Work with outside vendors
- Coordinate volunteer assignments within department
Skills and Requirements:
This position requires demonstrated excellence in customer service along with written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be computer literate and have experience with data entry and database usage. High school diploma plus two to three years related experience required. Flexible working hours, including nights and some weekends during fundraiser periods.
Reports To: Annual Giving Officer
ONLINE CONTENT PRODUCER
The Online Content Producer is responsible for developing, managing and executing digital content strategies, writing original web content in support of editorial objectives of the organization. The role requires candidates to possess experience in digital content creation, project management capabilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Develop original web content and shape content created by other contributors to be appropriate for specific key audiences such as web articles, newsletters and various content feeds.
- Deliver engaging online experience by leveraging multi-media assets (audio and video footage, images, interactive content).
- Review websites for accuracy, timeliness, placement of content that builds awareness and increases content consumption.
- Monitor content analytics, identify content that is most popular and suggest ideas that contribute to growth.
- Work closely with Marketing to provide technical, design, and digital asset support for email communications and social media.
- Deliver short progress updates at weekly editorial meetings and collaborate with other content contributors on cross-platform integration of content.
- Work with designers to develop layouts and formats that increase content consumption.
- Work closely with other members of the editorial team on sharing and management of related tasks.
- Inform colleagues about content that can be leveraged across a variety of media channels, collaborating with subject experts, designers and other colleagues.
- Stay abreast of content delivery trends and maintain proficiency in multimedia techniques that can increase awareness and content consumption.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Combination of Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English and 3+ years of related experience
- Prior experience producing or showcasing online content for a news organization or online publication
- Proficient with content management systems and able to adapt to new technologies and collaborative workflows
- Familiarity with best practices for web publishing and SEO and able to embed media (YouTube, Vemeo, Ustream)
- Ability to distill key content and select appropriate story-telling mechanisms such as text, headlines, audio clips, summaries, imagery, slides or other engaging elements
- Ability to edit basic HTML newsletters
- Demonstrated ability to manage websites in a real-time production environment, handling multiple projects
- Understanding of web layout and design techniques and able to stay abreast of current trends
- Previous experience with video and photo production preferred
- Ability to analyze data stemming from multiple sources, utilizing web analytics and reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing conflicting demands and meeting deadlines
- Strong project management skills and the ability to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Excellent communication skills, aware of the importance of updating interested parties efficiently and effectively
- Strong business writing, communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, able to manage a changing workload
- Organized with a superb attention to detail
- Skilled at building relationships with internal team members
Reports to: Online Media Officer
DIRECTOR, RADIO PROGRAM & AUDIENCE STRATEGY
WHRO is seeking a Director of Radio Program & Audience Strategy. The successful candidate will be charged with developing WHRV 89.5 FM’s and WHRO 90.3 FM’s on-air programming and its strategy in ways that help the organization acquire strengthen and retain audiences, deliver on the power of the WHRO brand and build durable relationships with listeners.
Essential Duties Include:
- Researches, plans, communicates and executes the station’s broadcast program development and audience optimization strategy, working with the Vice President of Content
- Cultivates and develops relationships with on-air program producers and talent.
- Monitors emerging media trends and is aware of the competitive landscape, particularly in the top 20 ADI, synthesizing data, analyzing successful strategies and making recommendations to colleagues on the radio management team and radio producers.
- Supervises a talented broadcast on-air program and support staff; manages departmental process, policy and budgets, and advocates for the needs of the station.
- Routinely meets with on-air staff and program producers to discuss best practices and formats, and the results of research and analysis that can increase stations’ local market share and listeners, ratings, and revenue across appropriate platforms.
- Works with producers to help shape the valence of local content, provides feedback to show staff, and works with the editorial and marketing teams to develop plans that support audience growth. Provides broad content oversight.
- Develops strong working relationship with industry stakeholders in the programming field.
- Works closely with the online media, marketing and content teams to ensure that station’s websites, social media activities, and online presence optimize and deepen listener relationships
- Monitors local programs and underwriting messages to assure compliance with the FCC rules.
- 5 plus years Radio programming experience
- Strong knowledge of both classical music and public media radio genre.
- Strong creative leadership, sound judgment and quality decision making skills to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to multi-task and work against deadlines, be highly organized and have good delegation skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and share findings.
- Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of public media listening audiences.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff, in addition to working well as a member of a team
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- On-air experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
AUDIENCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
This position is primarily responsible for responding to audience emails, phone calls and written correspondence. Assists with member related communication.
- Answers all incoming programming calls in an expedient and professional manner, providing exceptional customer service. Typically, the majority of the calls should be returned within one working day.
- Provides written correspondence whenever necessary and especially when phone calls cannot be returned (due to no answer, etc.).
- Works with programming department to keep abreast of television and radio schedules and changes therein in order to accurately answer questions from audience.
- Creates audience and member comments/calls reports, detailing all calls and correspondence activity on a weekly basis.
- Gathers positive programming comments for on air or printed testimonials.
- Responsible for soliciting membership donations from viewers and listeners. Gathers contact information for acquisition solicitations.
- Responsible for input of address changes on a weekly basis.
- Serves as back-up for receptionist.
Skills and Requirements:
This position requires demonstrated excellence in customer service along with written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be computer literate and have experience with data entry and database usage. High school diploma plus two to three years related experience required. Flexible working hours, including nights and some weekends during fund raiser periods.
Reports To: Annual Giving Officer
Applicants interested in applying for any position at WHRO must submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and required sample materials, etc. to:
Attn: Sherby Wilks, Human Resources Officer
5200 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23508
WHRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer